Saturday, January 28, 2012
Scraptastical Kreations DT Challenge!
So the one of the members, Jennifer Fox, of our Design Team decided that we should do a project using this week's freebie that you can find here.
The challenge this week is to use this file is.....
1. Have to use the ENTIRE freebie ~ no adding, subtracting or replacing the elements. Use ONLY the freebie file.
2. Lion must be made out of SOLID card stock (no patterned paper). You can ink, distress, chalk, or color the edges.
3. Background can be patterned paper.
4. You can use bling, ribbon, brads, eyelets but the main focus has to be the freebie.
5. No additional items can be added from any set, cartridge or company.
6. You can add a title or stamp, but lion must be the focus.
7. Can be a layout, altered item, card or another kreation ~ not just a piecing.
As you can see I bent the rules a wee bit and cut some grass using a Fiskars grass border punch. I wanted to so badly to add more animals, but the challenge is to only use this adorable lion and I think it turned out just right.
The title to my altered frame is a font from lettering delights "LD Safari"
that I purchased in the Silhouette Store and, of course, I added a shadow to it.
The frames you can purchase at Michaels for $1 and the super fun pattern paper is from the DCWV Animal Crackers Stack, which is absolutely perfect for zoo projects of all kinds!!!
So now it is your turn! You can create a card, layout, or altered item
and post a picture to our fanpage at Scraptastical Kreations for a chance to win prizes from Jennifer and also a free single file of your choice.
Enjoy and Have Fun!!