Tuesday, April 5, 2011

L is for Ladybug Scrapbook Layout


When I first started this layout I realized that I didn't have any brown paper to start cutting out my image. So....I decided that I would use my Cricut Imagine to print my images in the colors that I needed. Right about the time that I got my Imagine there was talk about RGB codes. So I went online and I googled "Stampin Up RGB Color Codes" and that is where I got the list that helped me choose the colors for this project!


Recipe:
Kate's ABCs page 49


Ladybug: cut at 5" using Chocolate Chip R-111 G-84 B-75
Ladybug-s: cut at 5" using Certainly Celery R-201 G-210 B-148
Layer1: cut at 5" using Pretty in Pink R-251 G-196 B-205
Layer1-s: cut at 5" using Pink Passion R-236 G-110 B-170
Layer2: cut at 5" using Green Galore R-156 G-211 B-111
Layer2-s: cut at 5" using no color as it is cut in white

Phrase cut at 2.2 using Pink Passion R-236 G-110 B-170
Phrase layer cut at 2.2 using Pretty in Pink R-251 G-196 B-205

Photo mats are 5.0 (Chocolate Chip)
Photo mat layer cut at 4.8 (Pink "bubble" pattern from Nursery Tails)
I also printed out the photo mat layer on a peice of 12x12 cardstock to create my background paper as well.

This particular layout was a little hard for me, I usually use bright or deep colors vs pastels. Using my Cricut Imagine helped because I was able to pick pattern paper from a cartridge that actually came with my machine when I ordered it on HSN! I also challenged myself to use the color codes to create the paper that I needed vs going to the store to buy more!

Happy Scrappin'
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. details are wanted.. needed and appreciated!! LOVE ur LO. so very spring!!
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete